> For the record: the category/free_module refactorization allowed to
> get rid of about 200 lines out of 700. Those were mostly lines of
> code; I kept all the doctests. Now that you have seen how this works,
> how would you feel doing something similar for WeylCharacters?

I agree that it should be done. I'm not sure when I'll have
time to do it though. Note that there are not one but two
related rings defined in weyl_characters.py, the WeylCharacterRing
and the related WeightRing.

> sage.algebras.iwahori (as it currently is)
> sage.combinat.iwahori (similar to sage.combinat.sf / ...)
> sage.combinat.root_system.iwahori (similar to sage.combinat.weyl_group)

I debated where to put it. All three places seem logical.

Along the same lines, why is coxeter_groups.py in categories?

Dan