Hi Dan,

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 07:27:35PM -0800, bump wrote:
> In trac #8442 I posted a patch that makes a new tutorial called "Lie
> Methods and Related Combinatorics in Sage."

Wow !!! A lot a very good documentations ! Excellent ! I'll certainly reread
it. I'll probably learn more about Lie and Coxeter group along the way. Thanks
a lot for all this work.

> It covers techniques for working with Lie groups, particularly
> representations, but also Weyl groups (Bruhat order, etc), Iwahori
> Hecke algebras and Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials. A feature is that it
> explains how to use Iwahori Hecke algebras to compute intertwining
> operators for induced representations of p-adic groups.
>
> There should be a chapter on crystals, but this isn't written yet.
>
> I would be happy to get feedback. Also if anyone wants to write
> anything that should go in here.

One question is where should we put those tutorials. During sage days 20, we
had lost of newcommers to Sage so we started to write several tutorials. We
discussed a little about where those tutorial should ends into sage. One of
the main point was that putting them outside sage sources make then
unaccessible from the command line and ?

I think this is something which should be discussed more widely on sage-devel.
What do you think ?

Cheers,

Florent