> I think this is something which should be discussed more widely on sage-devel.
> What do you think ?

> One question is where should we put those tutorials. During sage days 20, we
> had lost of newcommers to Sage so we started to write several tutorials. We

Are those tutorials available somewhere now?

> discussed a little about where those tutorial should ends into sage. One of
> the main point was that putting them outside sage sources make then
> unaccessible from the command line and ?

Of course the documentation in the source files is essential. But
although
there is adequate documentation in the source files for someone who
knows it
is there and wants to dig, you don't get any sense of how to use the
program
from the reference manual.

I think that for Lie group computations, Sage now has adequate tools
for all the
typical problems. (If there are gaps, let us fill them.) But people
don't seem to know this.
So I wanted to write a tutorial. A tutorial has a different function
from the
documentation in the source files and should be complementary.

Probably Sage would benefit from an expanded set of good tutorials
here:

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/

To get the Lie tutorial into that page I guess I would edit

devel/sage/doc/en/website/templates/index.html

when the patch is revised.

Dan