> What are you thinking of including in the chapter on crystals?

First let me say that if you (or some subset of you, Brant,
Nicolas ...)
wanted to work on this chapter that would be great. What I would
write would be strictly classical crystals.

I would like it to to contain some introductory material that is not
sufficient to learn the subject, but to orient the reader, similar to
the chapter on Lie Group Basics in the material I posted. Then to
show how to construct all classical crystals. Relationship between
Sage's tensor product and Kashiwara's. Relationship with Plactic
Monoid. Relationship between classical crystals and branching rules
to Levi subgroups. (Branch = erase edges with certain labels). Explain
how to install dot2tex. Demonstrate the code with various examples,
such
as Schutzenberger involution, Weyl group action.

I would have trouble writing about affine crystals.

Dan