Ouch, the Cartan matrix was broken for A,2n,2 (because the conversion
into BC n left 2n/2 as a rational number which broke the graph code!).

    sage: C=CartanType(['A',4,2])
    sage: C.cartan_matrix()
    [ 2 -2  0]
    [-1  2 -1]
    [ 0 -1  2]
    sage: C.cartan_matrix().rank()
    3
    sage: C.dynkin_diagram()
    O=<=O=<=O
    0   1   2
    BC2~

This is fixed now!

There remains to double check the translation factors for type A_2n^2;

For A_{2n}^{(2)},
c_\alpha = 1,1,2 for (alpha,alpha)=1,2,4 respectively.

This seems to be opposite of what is there right now

sage: C=CartanType(['A',4,2])
sage: C.dynkin_diagram()
O=<=O=<=O
0   1   2
BC2~
sage: R = RootSystem(C).weight_lattice()
sage: c = R.cartan_type().translation_factors()
sage: c
Finite family {0: 2, 1: 1, 2: 1}

But then, I think you have dualized everything, since I would also expect
c_alpha = 1 for type C_3^{(1)}
and you get

sage: C=CartanType(['C',3,1])
sage: R = RootSystem(C).weight_lattice()
sage: c = R.cartan_type().translation_factors()
sage: c
Finite family {0: 1, 1: 2, 2: 2, 3: 1}

If you have dualized, then it seems to be correct.

Cheers,

Anne