Hi Anne,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:06:40AM -0800, Anne Schilling wrote:
> (1) For type B and D there exist tableaux with spin columns
>     of half width, but they are currently not yet implemented in sage.
>     In principle, one can construct them using the TensorProductOfCrystals,
>     but it might be nice to be able to do something like
>
>          sage: T = CrystalOfTableaux(['B',3], shape = [3/2,1/2,1/2])
>
>    Currently this would have to be done as
>
>       sage: S = CrystalOfSpins(['B',3])
>       sage: B = CrystalOfTableaux(['B',3], shape = [1])
>       sage: T = TensorProductOfCrystals(S,B, generators =
> [[S.module_generators[0], B.module_generators[0]]])

I guess CrystalOfTableaux(['B',3], shape = [3/2,1/2,1/2]) could return
an object of a new class looking like:

        class CrystalOfTableauxWithSpin(TensorProductOfCrystals):

            def _repr_(self):

            class Element(TensorProductOfCrystals.Element):

                def _repr_(self):

                def latex(self):

(I don't have the specifics of the TensorProductOfCrystals classes on
top of my head, so there probably is some little adaptation to do).

>    What would be the best way to display columns of 1/2 width and mark them
> as spin?

Could you choose a typical element, and try to draw here what could be
a good ascii art picture of it? And possibly provide some links to
articles online with some nice latex pictures of such?