On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:37:00AM -0800, Benjamin Jones wrote:
> It sounds to me like I should remove my `plot` method from Trac
> #10744, leaving the demazure character there, and start a new ticket
> to:
>
> a) move the existing plot code there to RootLatticeRealization
> b) update that code in various ways (add latex output, bounding box
> option, ... )
> c) add methods to sage/combinat/root_systems/weyl_character.py that
> plot characters alone
>
> Then, to produce plots like I've posted with the ticket, one could
> combine a root system / (W-invariant) weight lattice grid / alcove
> plot from RootLatticeRealization with a plot of the weights and
> multiplicities from WeightRingElement or WeylCharacter.
>
> Does this make sense?

Precisely. Little variant: (c) could take the grid/alcove plot from
RootLatticeRealization, and add to it the relevant information.

> By the way, the plot method in WeightLatticeRealization, and the
> WeightLatticeRealization class itself, doesn't show up anywhere in
> the documentation.

Ouch! Thanks for spotting this.

The relevant files should be added to
../../../doc/en/reference/combinat/root_systems.rst. I'll do that
right now!

> Are the WeightLatticeRealization and RootLatticeRealization class
> supposed to exist behind the scenes and provide methods which are
> called from various other classes which are visible to the ordinary
> user?

Indeed. But they should still show up in the doc.