Hello!

We have a heated debate on http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/10140
regarding the following issue.

When a user writes

Cone(rays=[(1,0), (0,1)])

and the internal framework that eliminates unnecessary generators
comes up with a cone generated by (0,1) and (1,0) (i.e. same rays but
in reversed order), should the order given by the user restored by
default, or should we have

sage: C = Cone(rays=[(1,0), (0,1)])
sage: C.rays()
[(0,1), (1,0)]

Obviously, any case is mathematically valid.

I argue that if a user gives rays in certain order, then (s)he may
want them in that particular order. (Restoring the order may be a slow
down, but there can be an optional parameter to turn it off.)

Volker argues that we should not make cones decorated unless we are
explicitly asked to. (Those who care about the order, should use some
other class/function like OrderedCone.)

More details/issues are available on the ticket, but since many of
them are a matter of taste and personal preferences, it would be nice
to hear what do multiple people think of it, not just two of us ;-)

Thank you!
Andrey