> Can you elaborate? Is there a compelling technical reason?

Well, what you are suggesting is a little tricky. Two
rings will be created at the same time, and the
multiplication will be implemented by coercing from
the WeylCharacterRing to the WeightRing, multiplying,
and coercing back. And I see no benefit to the user.

> With the sage-combinat patches applied, you get about 20 occurences :-)
>
> See typically sage/categories/examples/realizations.py.
>
> Alternatively, if you push your current version on the sage-combinat
> server, I can probably handle this change on Monday.

I added a patch to the queue called trac_7922-revisions.patch.
The patch trac_7922-rebased-4.7.alpha1 that is posted on the
trac server equals the sum of the four patches:

 91 A trac_7922-rebased-4.6.1
 92 A trac_7922-doc.patch
 93 A trac_7922-review-nt.patch
 94 A trac_7922-revisions.patch

I moved the guarded patch trac_7922-hash-nt.patch later.

In another matter, trac_7922 requires rebuilding the
pickle jar. I posted a revised pickle jar on Friday.
It seemed to me that there are four pickles that should
be removed since they are obsolete. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-combinat-devel/msg/7914f29fe7c12c51

I did not remove them since they are not my pickles. But
I am asking if I should take these out of the pickle jar that
I post to #7922.

Dan