On Jun 14, 9:46 am, Christian Stump <christian.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, Nicolas! With three opinions the majority is much more obvious
> > than with two ;-)
>
> I recently used cones and got a little confused when my (obviously
> "equal") cones where not equal with C1 == C2, but only "isomorphic". I
> would also vote for the standard test being if two cones are equal as
> sets.
>
> Best, Christian

Actually, for
it may be necessary to have "==" mean "is" (I will look closer at that
ticket shortly and will try to elaborate).

It is important for associated constructions that rays of cones have
some fixed order after creation, e.g. so that there is a clear and
fast translation from rays to homogeneous variables and back, instead
of having to use dictionaries indexed by rays and variables, so I
don't think that representing cones as sets of rays is a good idea.
Whether "==" respects the order is in a way a matter of taste, as long
as it allows everything else to work...

Andrey