Thanks! At the end of day, I had to modify the method _element_constructor_ and
now
everything seems to work.

By the way, how do I know which methods have to be implemented? I looked at

sage: from sage.structure.list_clone_demo import IncreasingIntArray
sage: IncreasingIntArray??
sage: from sage.structure.list_clone import ClonableIntArray, ClonableList
sage: ClonableIntArray??
sage: ClonableList??

and the documentation is not always very clear about this.

Cheers,

Anne