> Christian, this is far from standard.  It's fairly discombobulated
> scratch work.  The objects aren't even classes.

my last reply was too fast, sorry. Now as I look at the actual code, I
see what you are doing... Nonetheless, I find it a nice idea to gather
Catalan objects and their bijections, as people are apparently looking
for that!

What about implementing the objects as classes in the folder
combinat/catalan (maybe with some identifications by "canonical
bijections", like i = h = zzzz = r = hhh), and then making them
available as

CatalanObjects.YourCatalanObject

like in

Posets.BooleanLattice

(to not pollute the global name space too much), and also provide
bijections, maybe in

CatalanObjects.Bijections.YourFavoriteBijection

(these are, of course, not unique, so we must give them names to
distinguish, like "reverse" and "upside-down" to get from
\sigma-avoiding permutations to reverse(\sigma)-avoiding permutations
for \sigma \in S_3.)

Better or other ideas, suggestions?

@vivace: are you interested in working/collaborating on that? was this
somehow what you thought of?