On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 04:07:02AM -0700, Mike Zabrocki wrote:
>         I also found the same behavior (I don't know why it worked before).
>    Thanks Nicolas for identifying the real problem.  That doctest failure
>    with .nabla() would have been a mystery forever.

That's my job :-)

I am sure you could have done the same though: it just took some
patience and stamina to progressively trim down (a copy) of the file.
I must say I was quite mystified when I was left with 25 empty
docstrings intertwinned with three small ones: removing any of the
empty docstrings was making the test pass! But at the end, that's just
because that somehow influenced in which order the three small ones
where evaluated. The trick was then to run the tests with

        sage -t -verbose bla.py

to see in which order the things were executed.