Dear All,

I have just uploaded a patch which implements partition tuples; see
sage_trac/ticket/13072 <http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/13072>.

Comments welcome. In particular, there is (what I think is) a minor bug in
that the patch fails one of the category tests. I could avoid failing this
test by simply removing some of the TestSuite commands but I thought it
safer to leave them in just in case there is an issue somewhere. Apart from
this, everything seems to work well.

Another related but minor issue is that I noticed that
latex(Partition([3,2,2])) now returns

{\def\lr#1{\multicolumn{1}{|@{\hspace{.6ex}}c@{\hspace{.6ex}}|}{\raisebox{-.3ex}{$#1$}}}
> \raisebox{-.6ex}{$\begin{array}[b]{ccc}
> \cline{1-1}\cline{2-2}\cline{3-3}
> \lr{\phantom{x}}&\lr{\phantom{x}}&\lr{\phantom{x}}\\
> \cline{1-1}\cline{2-2}\cline{3-3}
> \lr{\phantom{x}}&\lr{\phantom{x}}\\
> \cline{1-1}\cline{2-2}
> \lr{\phantom{x}}&\lr{\phantom{x}}\\
> \cline{1-1}\cline{2-2}
> \end{array}$}
> }

I haven't made PartitionTuples() do this as when I am doing calculations I
want latex() to produce readable latex output. I agree that there should
also be a way to return latex code for the Young/Ferrers diagram but I
think that this should be a separate method rather than the default latex
method.

In the example above, I would actually like latex(Partition([3,2,3])) to
return '3,3^2'. Along these lines, in my own code I have started using
compact_repr() to produce slightly more screen readable output...sorry,
getting side tracked:)

Andrew