Robert,

We should make our matrices have nrows, ncols, and row iterations
and column iterations be of type size_t.  On 64-bit systems, it
could "easily" happen that somebody wants to make a 2 x 2^33,
and we definitely want to support this.   Plus, MAGMA doesn't
do this sort of thing well, so it's a chance for SAGE to shine:

>> A := RMatrixSpace(Rationals(),2,2^30);
                     ^
Runtime error in 'RMatrixSpace': Argument 3 (1073741824) is too large

> A := RMatrixSpace(Rationals(),2,2^29);

Magma: Internal error
Please mail this entire run [**WITH THE FOLLOWING LINES**]
     to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Version: 2.13-5
You can print the whole input for this session by typing:
Magma: Fatal Error: Magma: Irrecoverable error; exiting