On Jun 5, 2007, at 01:18 , Joshua Kantor wrote:

> Thanks, I had forgot about that sort of thing and  it might work. I'm
> not sure because some of the libraries linked in are static.
>
>  My python module links against libsuperlu.a  which  is static which
> links against libblas. Because
> libsuperlu.a is static I'm not sure whether the static or dynamic
> version of libblas is linked against.
>
> A followup question. I want to find the exact name of the function
> that calls exit, however I can't figure
> out how to make gdb tell me that because the program doesn't crash it
> exits normally. Anyone know a way
> to find the name of the last function called before a program exits.

If it exits normally, it should pass through "exit()", I think.  A
breakpoint there should tell you what the call stack looks like
(although it may not set up the stack correctly for full symbolic
debugging).

I didn't fully grok your original question, but does "atexit()" help
there?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income