On 6/21/07, Michel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The following command seemed to kill the notebook process.
>
> os.system("kill -9 `ps -u server4 -o pid=`")
>
> I was unable to log in afterwards. Shouldn't the notebook process
> be restarted automatically?

To reiterate:

   I implemented a multi-user model, but I can not turn it on yet
   because ssh is not correctly configured in the chroot jail.  So,
   as I said before, it is trivial to vandalize the server as you just
   demonstrated.  And no -- it shouldn't restart automatically; what
   should happen is that any code you run is run as an entirely
   different user from the notebook user.

Again, In the new model, which I implemented, the above command would
have no effect.   But for some reason ssh is misconfigured in the
chroot jail so I can't turn on the "run worksheet as a different user"
functionality yet.   I didn't create the chroot jail in the first place, so
I don't yet know why ssh is broken in it.

T Clemans wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of functionality already. Does collaboration work
> already?

Everything advertised in the interface is implemented.   Again, I just
wrote must of it in a massive coding binge during the last two days, so
there are undoubtedly lots of bugs -- I would greatly appreciate lists
of actual bugs or very confusing aspects to the interface.

William