On 7/10/07, Nick Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > I'm trying to implement a poset class in sagex.  The following output
> > indicates to me that __cmp__ gets called on the sagex class no matter what.
> >  This means that partial ordering cannot be implemented in sagex (rather,
> > it can, but can't take advantage of the comparison overloading that python
> > offers).
>
> sagex and newer versions of pyrex do different things here.  I think
> what you want can be done, but you should talk to Robert Bradshaw.
> The keywords are richcmp, IIRC.

Actually, neither Robert Bradshaw or I made any changes to
the __cmp__ - related code in SageX versus Pyrex, so they should
behave identically unless something was done in Pyrex recently.
And even then, Robert just told me that "No, I haven't changed
anything. We do have special _cmp_c_impl, etc.
in element.pyx that calls canonical_coercion for you though.
BTW, I got Pyrex 0.9.5.1a successfully merged into SageX!"

So -- soon pyrex and sagex should be merged again.

William