> Aha! I am new at python and misunderstood how hg was working. All the
> file "hg" does is import stuff from python, so it doesn't matter which
> copy of hg I use, it matters which copy of python.  The debian
> supplied hg is broken, but the sage-2.6 version of hg works fine.
>
> Sorry for misidentifying the problem earlier!

Definitely feel free to send me an hg patch to the SAGE documentation
that clarifies this issue in a way that might have been helpful to
you if it had been there.  Thanks.

 -- William

--

Regarding Fortran, Josh Kantor spent all day working on using g95
instead of gfortran, and things are looking very very good.  One

 -- William