> Robert, Since you do so much work on Cython, maybe you could think
> about the formal specification of the Python language and see whether
>      ..
> not appearing in a string is ever valid Python.  I.e., could we add
>      [expr1 .. expr2]
> to the language without running into problems?

Much like generators (K.<x>), this cannot be added to the preparser
without parsing arbitary python expressions (expr1 and expr2 in this
case).  At the moment, you can make the preparser barf and it would
be a great deal of work to fix.  Are we willing to do another
"correct 90% of the time" hack?  If this is considered very valuable,
I suggest we hijack a Python binary operator and repurpose it.  Or we
could uniformly preparse '..' to be that redefined operator; that
would be better.

I vote against.

Nick