On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Steffen wrote:
> Ok,
>
> now I know a little bit what Sage is, at least it has its own syntax
> and can be integrated into Python. My problem is now that I need to
> implement this multivariate polynomial stuff in the NS-2 network
> simulator which is written in C++. The only thing that I could find is
> a discussion about the incorporation of LiDIA code into Sage, what
> appears to be a problem since its C++. I would be really happy to use
> Sage since it contains the polynomial stuff I need. If any exprienced
> Sage user has a suggestion how to use Sage in C++ I would be really
> thankful.
>
> Cheers, Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I see two options:

(a) you can embed the Python interpreter in C/C++. I am not sure about the
details right now, but a google search should help you out. If not, let us
know.
(b) since you want multivariate polynomial arithmetic, you might want to try
libSINGULAR which is SINGULAR turned into a shared library. What is the base
field you are interested in? If you want to go down this road, it is best to
look at our spkg to figure out how to build Singular in shared library mode
and then look at multi_polynomial_libsingular.pyx for hints how to use the
library. Again, let us (or in this case: more specifically me) know, if you
need any assistance.

I hope this helps,
Martin

--