On Dec 9, 2007 10:54 PM, William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He actually did make a live cd for sage last year, but it hasn't
> been maintained.  It's here:
>     http://modular.math.washington.edu/home/alfredo/

  I really apologize for this. It was really time consuming to keep it
  upto date, and different versions of Doyen with Axiom (branches)
  and maybe now also Fricas and OpenAxiom.

  I have been looking into other ideas to create the livecd and easier
  to maintain it.

  One was this project: http://code.google.com/p/reconstructor/
  It is written in python and targeted to Ubuntu. The only downside
  is that is GUI based and the project seems dead currently. It
  would be nice to have in Sage something like createlivecd() and
  the iso is created for you of the current version of Sage.

  One project that is in line with Doyen is Fedora Spins:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins
  It would be nice to have a spin just dedicated to Computer
  Algebra Systems.

> I just noticed that there is a Spanish version of some version of
> the tutorial there.  I better update my answer to the last email
> I just sent.  What a strange coincidence.

  This is a version I started, given that the method of using Google
  translations is good to have an idea of Sage, but it changes many
  of the mathematical terms in the tutorial. I hope to get some time
  to finish it.

  Regards,

  Alfredo