On Dec 17, 2007 6:41 PM, mabshoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> thanks to Ted Kosan we now have a 2.9 VMWare image available for
> download at sagemath.org. It has been mirrored out to
> sage.math.washington.edu and modular.fas.harvard.edu. It is about 70mb
> larger than the 2.8.15 image, but I am not sure if that is caused by
> the additions of R, ATLAS and PolyBori or something else. For now I
> left the 2.8.15 image on the server. William: I assume we should
> delete it, but I am waiting until 2.9 has been mirrored out more
> wildly.

I forgot to mention in the other thread also, that a livecd image
can make the vmware image much smaller than what it is now,
and have a desktop environment as a plus.

Of course another option would be to use DSL like William suggested, but
this probably will require more work (compiling Sage, etc.)

Regards,

Alfredo