On Mar 31, 3:10 am, guez offtsing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use Suse enterprise server 9 sp2-ia64, below is the 'uname -a' result.
> Linux linux 2.6.5-7.191-sn2 #1 SMP Tue Jun 28 14:58:56 UTC 2005 ia64
> ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux
> compiler is gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)
> The first error was encountered in periods.cc where an ambiguous call.
> It is a pity that I cannot debug myself because "unresolved namespace
> NTL" problem happened after I followed the self-debug instruction.
> Any idea to over it?
>
>         Regards,

Hi,

we require at least gcc 3.4 or higher since we need a compiler that is
implements the c99 standard. Sage should tell you right away that the
compiler you are using doesn't meet the minimum requirement. We will
hopefully fix that in the next release. Right now it tells you that
when you would build FLINT, which happens to be after the problem you
see right now.

Cheers,

Michael