Hi!

Without saying anything about the quality of Romans work (I can't
judge that without a deeper look):

I don't find it very impressive, posting some benchmark for just one
example.
Note, that the example is dense.
If he is using fast (Strassen-like) algorithms, then it is quite
natural, to achieve
good results in these problems.

I tried the same in Singular and stopped at the point, where
I was able to have quite similar results (compared to the normal
Singular multiplication)
in the dense case, but naturally very slow in the sparse case.
"Fast" methods are not constructed for sparse arithmetic.

Speeding up a polynomial arithmetic library consists of two parts:
-Implement the algorithms
-choosing at run time, which algorithm to call
At the moment the multiplication in Singular uses two different
function (with and without Geobuckets).

If you would like to have this functionality in SAGE, I can help you,
implementing it in libSingular.
On the other hand (since I did these experiments), you might notice,
that it only improves the quite rare case of quite dense, huge
polynomials  (of similar size) in a few variables.
Best regards,
Michael