On Apr 9, 7:17 am, "Minh Nguyen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi group,

Hi Minh,

> Does anyone know where I can download the latest version of the
> "doc-main" tree? I'm referring to the doc-main that is bundled with
> every release of Sage, including both the stable and alpha releases.
> AFAIK with each stable release, e.g. sage-2.11, doc-main is usually
> located at
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc-main.tar.bz2

I generally do not build the documentation in a release cycle until
were are getting close to the final release. This is mostly due to
sage.math not having all the needed bits in the LaTeX toolchain
installed.

> And with each alpha release in the sage-3.0 release cycle, I think
> doc-main comes bundled with that alpha release and can be downloaded
> from
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.0/
>
> However, I only want to get the doc-main tree associated with a
> particular alpha release, without having to download the whole alpha
> release tarball itself. The main reason is that the tarball is too big
> in terms of MB.

I put releases together in /scratch/mabshoff/release-cycle, but that
directory is not exported to the web. The reason not to do builds in
$HOME is that all of those files end up being sync to the backup and I
see little benefit of all those files getting moved.

> I've browsed through a number of documentation TeX
> files at
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/hg/doc-main/file
>
> but I suspect that those TeX files aren't the latest version in the
> current release cycle.

I can provide you the individual doc-main.tar.bz2 once the LaTeX
situation on sage.math has been fixed. Your corrections to the Sage
documentation are very much appreciated.

> Regards
> Minh Van Nguyen

Cheers,

Michael