> I got past the above OS X problems by setting CXXFLAGS, CFLAGS,
> and LDFLAGS as you suggest.  But then the build bombs out with this:

> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I..
> -I/Users/was/build/sage-3.0.alpha1/local/include -c global.cc -o
> global.o
> global.cc: In function 'bool giac::my_isnan(double)':
> global.cc:2245: error: '__isnand' was not declared in this scope
> global.cc: In function 'bool giac::my_isinf(double)':
> global.cc:2249: error: '__isinfd' was not declared in this scope
> make: *** [global.lo] Error 1
> Error building GIAC/XCAS

Maybe they have fixed this in the last release of Xcode. I had to make
a special #ifdef for OS X because isnan and isinf were not defined on
os x but __isnand and __isinfd were.  Could you check that removing
the __ at the beginning and d at the end fixes the problem?

> I can get you an account on an OS X box if you want to help with
> porting Giac/Xcas to OS X. Or, if you have os x you could try
> to install the spkg below, then fix things until it works.

Having an account could be a good idea, since the os x I have access
to seems different from yours.

> Would you like to have one on sage.math.washington.edu?
>
> If nothing else, giving you some server space/bandwidth on
> the other side of the world would be a good way for our
> projects to work together...

Indeed, having a mirror site would be a good idea.
Thanks!
Bernard