On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Jaap Spies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  mabshoff wrote:
>  >
>  > Hello folks,
>  >
>  > here goes Sage 3.0.rc1. We are down to one blocker, i.e. the "-O0"
>  > fallback for clips in case of failure. Other than that this release
>  > should build and test fine. The 3.0 release is imminent, so if you
>  > find anything you better be quick. The plan is to follow up the 3.0
>  > release with one or two bug fix releases, i.e. 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. The
>  > timing of those releases will depend on the coercion rewrite.
>  >
>  > Sources and binaries are in the usual place:
>
>  On Fedora 7, 32 bits:

>  The following tests failed:
>

>          sage -t  devel/sage/sage/server/simple/twist.py
>  Total time for all tests: 4315.7 seconds
>  Please see /home/jaap/downloads/sage-3.0.rc1/tmp/test.log for the complete
> log from this test.
>
>  But:
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] sage-3.0.rc1]$ ./sage -t
> devel/sage/sage/server/simple/twist.py
>  sage -t  devel/sage/sage/server/simple/twist.py
>           [9.9 s]

>  All tests passed!
>  Total time for all tests: 10.0 seconds
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] sage-3.0.rc1]$
>

>  Jaap

Hi Jaap and John,

Both of the failures you guys report -- in twist.py and testdoc.py involve
opening a network port, doing some tests that things are working,
then closing it. I think closing just takes a while with ports, perhaps,
and that might be relevant.    I think if we make the ports in the tests
more spread out that could help.

 -- William