Hi Sage-Devel,

Here is a Sage fanmail blogpost about Sage "the distribution" from here:
    http://www.funjackals.com/blog/?p=274

"Sage Makes Me Happier Than Seems Reasonable
Posted May 14, 2008

I've known about the Python-for-mathematics software stack SAGE for a
while now, but I hadn't played with it until today. What happened? I
read Vincent Noel's very good blog entry on replacing Matlab with
Python. What I had missed about SAGE is that it's got a fully
self-contained build environment in the source distribution. Building
the full stack, from ATLAS and BLAS through Python 2.5 and Numpy 1.0.3
is as simple as issuing a single make command. Really.

Why is this exciting? Because I've recently been through the horror of
trying to build Numpy and it's dependencies form source on our new
server. That should be easy, right? Well, it's been a real pain in the
neck. Mostly because I've had all kinds of problems getting the right
versions of libraries linked in to Numpy. There are the system
libraries. And the libraries that came with the Absoft Fortran 95
compiler. And the versions that I built in my account. And I can never
seem to get the arguments to setup.py quite right. But now I don't
have to. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow!"