On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:42 AM, mhampton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it looks pretty neat. It is surprisingly hard to get decent
> vector field plots for many differential equation examples.  I will
> try to give it a try if I have time.
>
> -M. Hampton

>From Bill Casselman, author of PiScript

    http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/piscript/docs/piscript.html

which will likely go into sage at some point:

William Stein wrote:

> Check out this thread.  Note that it involves a program
> that plots using postscript (?)

Bill Casselman wrote:
It would be pretty easy to add a few routines
in PiScript that would do this, too.  The current version
has outline-able quad-curve arrows.

I write from Berlin.

if you look at the manual pi.pdf on the page

http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/piscript/docs/piscript.html

you'll see things have changed a lot recently.
Quad arrows are on p. 9.