On Jun 20, 1:42 pm, David Harvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2008, at 5:42 PM, root wrote:
>
> > I believe you sidestepped the question. My point is that Sage
> > makes the claim that it will be a viable alternative to the 4Ms.
> > In computational mathematics that is a testable claim. So test it.
>
> <snip>
>
> I think it would be good for someone to test Sage on those suites you
> suggest. It's just a question of someone offering to come forward and
> do the work!

Yes, I did discuss the possibility of sharing test suits with Robert
Dodier while we was at Dev1 and Tim's name also fell since he seems to
have a good overview of what is out there. ODEs and Integration is
currently "farmed" out to Maxima, so any testing of Maxima for now
will improve Sage's performance in that area.

On a general level we in the mathematical community should be willing
to share test suits (even between open and close packages) since
improving the quality of every system out there is a goal worth
pursuing. We might want to open another thread to decouple that
discussion from this thread

> david

Cheers,

Michael