>>Pursuing a grand program involving large test
>>suites is of course very valuable, but it is a much different than
>>the main goal of the Sage project, and it somewhat ignores the
>>dynamic nature of real people and their needs.

> I believe you sidestepped the question. My point is that Sage
> makes the claim that it will be a viable alternative to the 4Ms.
> In computational mathematics that is a testable claim. So test it.

I don't think William sidestepped the question. I think he's just
trying to say that having a large test suite is not the *only* measure
for how useful a CAS is. (I'm not trying to say that you're saying
this, either.) Sage has a huge test suite that gets run with every
release, and I'm sure everyone would be *very* excited to see a 700
integrals get added. It would also be nice to have a list of how each
of several CASes do on a large test suite. I think William is just
trying to say that deciding how "good" a CAS is based on how it does
on a specific test suite shouldn't motivate where peoples' energy is
spent.

-cc