Hi, Mike,

On Sep 9, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Mike Hansen wrote:

>> What's the difference between "==" and "is" (or, more to the point:
>> where is this discussed)?
>
> This is a Python thing as "==" is equality testing and "is" is memory
> address testing.  For example,

Thanks for the quick tutorial; that explains a lot.

It also brings the relative time from 300:6 to 1:13.  Of course, that
leaves me with the question of why changing "==" it "is" in one
function raised the per-call time of another (unchanged)
  function from 6 microseconds to 13 microseconds.  But that's for
another day.

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income