Glad it eventually worked for you. Sorry I forgot to mention the
readline bug. My brain is not big enough to remember all those steps.
It does cause a doctest failure.

As you probably have realized, Michael already has a patch for it in
the pipeline, it will be fixed in 3.1.2 I believe. If you want sage to
have a working command line, you could use the newer python spkg.

M: +61 423 535 397
W: +61 2 6125 8260