On Sep 13, 5:02 pm, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 10:54 am, Jason Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> > I tried to build 3.1.2.rc2 on OS X 10.5.4 intel macbook.  As with the
> > previous release candidate, the build choked while building the clisp
> > documentation, complaining of a png error.  I worked around this by
> > temporarily removing dvipdf from my path, presumably forcing the build
> > to skip clisp documentation.
>
> Ok.
>
> > So there seem to be some serious problems with png stuff.
>
> You have other crap either in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or /usr/local. In
> addition if you have  Fink installed make sure before starting to
> build Sage that it is not in $PATH. Can you post a link to your log so
> I can take a look?

I temporarily reset my path to the default (so no usr/local/bin, opt/
local/bin, etc.), and everything built fine.  All tests pass, even!

For the bad build, my install.log is available at
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jm843/install.log

I don't use Fink, but Macports, which I believe is the more popular at
this point, though I don't have any evidence.  Should I expect to have
to take all my macports stuff off the path before building Sage?  I'd
prefer to leave it on if possible.  Won't that allow me to have
additional optional stuff built?  I guess right now it allows me to
have a broken build of Sage...

I'd definitely appreciate any suggestions as to how to track down what
went wrong when I had more stuff on my path.

Regards,

JM