On Sep 13, 7:06 pm, Jason Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Jason

> > You have other crap either in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or /usr/local. In
> > addition if you have  Fink installed make sure before starting to
> > build Sage that it is not in $PATH. Can you post a link to your log so
> > I can take a look?
>
> I temporarily reset my path to the default (so no usr/local/bin, opt/
> local/bin, etc.), and everything built fine.  All tests pass, even!

Cool.

> For the bad build, my install.log is available
> athttp://pantheon.yale.edu/~jm843/install.log

Please keep it around for now.

> I don't use Fink, but Macports, which I believe is the more popular at
> this point, though I don't have any evidence.  Should I expect to have
> to take all my macports stuff off the path before building Sage?  I'd
> prefer to leave it on if possible.  Won't that allow me to have
> additional optional stuff built?  I guess right now it allows me to
> have a broken build of Sage...

All the optional spkgs for Sage do not depend on MacPorts.

> I'd definitely appreciate any suggestions as to how to track down what
> went wrong when I had more stuff on my path.

I agree that this needs to be fixed on way or the other. But it is too
late for 3.1.2 :). Please keep the log around and hopefully in the not
too distant future we can debug this. Just ping me in a while and see
how it goes :)

It is important that we do not pull in "crap" from /usr/local for
example since the same issues with MacPorts can pop up on other
operating systems.

> Regards,
>
> JM

Cheers,