On Intel MacBook OS X 10.4 / Xcode 2.5 (yes, I upgraded), nothing
really new for 3.1.3.alpha0:

builds fine

make test choked on two of three runs on /modular/abvar/homspace.py,
and passed on the third

make testlong choked on sr.py and ell_finite_field.py (the known ones
from the 3.1.2 cycle)

The "homspace.py" doctest takes quite a lot of time, more than 240s ==
4 minutes in the best case, test "long" or not "long" making no
difference (on 2 GHz ...).

Is that essentially OK?

Somehow, I still haven't found out under which circumstances exactly,
OS X uses --- of the two CPU cores of the Core2 Dual --- only one core
for the (build and) doctests. If so, "homspace.py" takes well over
400s, passes (always, without problem) the "testlong" testsuite, while
the "short" testsuite throws a "TIMED OUT" failure.

I didn't look at the code yet, but I guess that for the usual "short"
testsuite, there is some timeout mechanism enabled, which gets
disabled for the "long" testsuite. The latter runs only for those
doctests longer, for which extra "long" doctests are defined, of
course.

Essence:
Should I open a trac ticket for the "modular/abvar/homspace.py"
doctest to be changed to be a "long" doctest (i.e. the biggest part of
it)?

Or will that probably go away after some more merges of the new
coercion code? (Again, I didn't look at the code whether this could
make sense.)

Cheers,
gsw