Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I looked closely at SageTex a couple of
months ago.  Its a great idea, but I think it maybe does the reverse
of what I want. I'd like to have Sage input/commands appear in a
worksheet, surrounded by text from the book.  Then a student could
read the text, execute the input, and experiment with adjustments to
the input - all from within the friendly confines of a Sage
worksheet.  So I'd write some Sage input within my LaTeX sources,
surrounded by some macro.  Then I'd want the code to survive the
conversion to jsMath (easy probably), and then a further conversion to
a Sage worksheet (the step I am working on now).  The stumbling blocks
now are the links between worksheets, and then working with Sage's
auto-numbering scheme for worksheets.

If I understand SageTeX right, the Sage code gets evaluated by Sage
when you TeX a document and the results get incorporated into your
final document.  Do I understand that right?  Or would it aid the
process I've described above?

Rob