On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Jason Grout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry to reply to myself, but I also believe that Fernando is subscribed
> to this list, so he might see your comments here as well.

Yes, I am, and I'll be happy to update the doc before sending it to
python-dev with any feedback  from this group, as well as including a
link to this thread if it develops.

Note that I'm just acting as a scribe here: I'm collecting comments to
send  to python-dev, the decision is up to them and  I'm *not*
offering to implement the pep itself.  But I think the feedback of the
scientific/mathematical/numerical users of python may be valuable on
this particular decision, and the core python dev team does listen.

Regards,