> I believe there used to be such a license, and its use was so low
> that they discontinued it. However, I wonder if having the
> attribution in, e.g., the .tex source would be sufficient. This would
> probably be a good happy medium.

Taking a closer look at the CC site, I found this in
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

"Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from
the copyright holder."

Which in my interpretation would produce the desired effect if the
author just used CC-Attribution waiving the attribution condition. That
way I believe there would be a link to some license if the country
doesn't support public domain, yet allow free usage.

Ronan Paixão