> > ring R=(0,a,b),(x,y),dp;
> >
> > (following the syntax 2. given
> > athttp://www.singular.uni-kl.de/Manual/latest/sing_30.htm#SEC40)
> >
> > In particular, Gröbner basis can be computed by Singular in these
> > polynomial rings more efficiently than the toy algorithm currently
> > used.
> This sounds very much like http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/687
> - but I think malb should comment.

No, it is something different. I completely agree with Guillaume on this.
Guillaume, want to go ahead and improve the Singular interface? I can help
you out in case you get stuck. This is now

but unfortunately I won't have time to work on this in the near future. Btw.
once the conversion via pexpect is done, we should move the multivariate
polynomials over the fraction fields over to libsingular too (but that
requires a bit more insight into how Sage and Singular work).

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht