On Feb 19, 1:50 am, Simon King <k...@mathematik.uni-jena.de> wrote:

Hi Simon,

> PS:>  2. Create an spkg for Singular-3-1-0-beta, and install it.
>
> Thanks to Michael and Martin for helping me to create the spkg!

Yeah, that was more than a couple emails to sort it all out, but now
you should be able to upgrade the singular.spkg all by yourself, so it
increased the bus factor on a vital Sage component by one, so it was
worth it. Since that conversation was in German there is little
benefit of posting it :(

Anyway, to get rid of the annoying message change this in spkg-
install:

# disable the dynamic kernel, except on Linux
if [ "$UNAME" = "Linux" ]; then
     DYNAMIC_KERNEL=""
else
     DYNAMIC_KERNEL="--without-dynamic-kernel"
fi

DYNAMIC_KERNEL="--without-dynamic-kernel"; export DYNAMIC_KERNEL

It isn't what we want to do in general in the future, but it should
fix your problem. I have no idea if this causes a performance impact,
but Martin might be able to shed some light on this.

> Cheers,
>      Simon

Other than that: Is this the beta9 snapshot you are having trouble
with or the CVS checkout? I don't have too much time this week for
experiments, but a build log might shed some light on this.

Either way, depending on the stability of the 3-1-0 branch it might be
time to consider to switch, obviously not without the recommendation
and blessing of the Singular team in case it isn't something publicly
released yet.

Cheers,

Michael