On Thursday 19 February 2009, mabshoff wrote:
> On Feb 19, 1:50 am, Simon King <k...@mathematik.uni-jena.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> > PS:>  2. Create an spkg for Singular-3-1-0-beta, and install it.
> >
> > Thanks to Michael and Martin for helping me to create the spkg!
>
> Yeah, that was more than a couple emails to sort it all out, but now
> you should be able to upgrade the singular.spkg all by yourself, so it
> increased the bus factor on a vital Sage component by one, so it was
> worth it. Since that conversation was in German there is little
> benefit of posting it :(
>
> Anyway, to get rid of the annoying message change this in spkg-
> install:
>
> # disable the dynamic kernel, except on Linux
> if [ "$UNAME" = "Linux" ]; then
>      DYNAMIC_KERNEL=""
> else
>      DYNAMIC_KERNEL="--without-dynamic-kernel"
> fi

> DYNAMIC_KERNEL="--without-dynamic-kernel"; export DYNAMIC_KERNEL
>
> It isn't what we want to do in general in the future, but it should
> fix your problem. I have no idea if this causes a performance impact,
> but Martin might be able to shed some light on this.

This is certainly *not* what you want, lets try to fix the problem instead of
hacking around it!

Simon, since it is rather hard to guess what your problem is exactly, why
don't you just post the SPKG somewhere so that someone else can take a look?

Also, you need to rebuild all the extensions depending on libsingular, that's
probably causing your crash.

Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht