Hi Michael

On Feb 19, 12:47 pm, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Simon, since it is rather hard to guess what your problem is exactly, why
> > don't you just post the SPKG somewhere so that someone else can take a look?
>
> Well, given that it is last week's CVS that might not be a good
> idea :)

To make this clear:
 * The spkg that I posted is *not* supposed to be included in a sage
release!
 * It is just a sandbox in which I can play and learn how to create a
package.
 * As I mentioned, there was a bug in Singular-3-0-4 that prevented me
from verifying a previous computation. I knew it was fixed in CVS, and
I knew that std will have a new functionality that I wish to use. So,
I had the option to either wait until the official Singular-3-1-0 was
released and packed into Sage --- or to work based on the CVS.

I hope that nobody (in particular no Singular developer) takes offense
in it. Otherwise I'll remove the spkg from the above site asap!

> > Also, you need to rebuild all the extensions depending on libsingular,
> > that's
> > probably causing your crash.
>
> AFAIK the crash has been resolved, i.e. that was when Simon used the
> NTL from Singular so that rebuilding Sage's extension linked against
> libSingular blew up.

No. The crash did not occur when I made a complete build of Sage with
the Singular-Beta-spkg.

But the crash does occur when I take an existing sage build and try to
change the Singular version by `sage -f singular-
versionnumber-...spkg`.

It seems very likely that some other components need rebuilding. But
doing `sage -b` resulted in an error.

Best regards
      Simon