> Let me make sure I know the situation: you have applied that small
> patch, you have installed sage-mode-0.5.1 (from the wiki), and you are
> running Aquamacs?

exactly, but in reverse order (applying the patch came last)

>(I haven't tried it with aquamacs.)  Also, the
> inline equations are being displayed correctly?

yes, it's beautiful latex work ! it's just the plots. And again, i'm
not sure if the "correct" behaviour of sage-view is to insert the
plots in emacs or to start an external viewer, but i'd prefer the
latter (which is what happens with sage-view disabled). Indeed it's
one of the things i dislike with the notebook, not being able to have
the sage instructions in one window, and the plots, if any, in another.