On Feb 20, 6:08 am, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 8:47 am, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Well, it doesn't look so good right now.  I've tried two
> things:
>   1) Before you responded, I simply manually placed the
>   spkg in the spkg/standard subdirectory of a freshly
>   untarred sage-3.3.rc2 folder and tried make.
>   2) After I saw your response, I tried your curl
>   approach in my previously failed sage-3.3.rc2.
>   Then make.
>
> Both process give me the same errors below.
>
> One other thing.  The ./sage -i approach makes no sense
> to me, since I would need to have built sage already
> and the point is to try to build it?  I ask because this
> makes me wonder if I'm mis-understanding something.
>
> I'll be leaving for work shortly, but I'll take my laptop
> with me.
>
> Mark

I screwed up, please try again. The problem is that I created a tar.gz
instead of a tar.bzip2. The average tar is clever enough to not fail,
but on OSX things blow up. The spkg is at the same URL, so please make
sure to delete the local spkg before curling or downloading it again.

To make it 100% sure you get the right thing:

6641db0e9ff9aff4952b2f9ba98f0b18  gmp-mpir-0.9.spkg

Cheers,

Michael