On Feb 23, 7:45 am, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Just FYI, there is a miniscule typo
> onhttp://wiki.sagemath.org/windows/msvc64-issues
> insofar as it refers to the 32-bit port.

This is correct since for now we are doing 32 bits only, at least from
my end which is complementary to what William does. I.e. what we are
doing is called the salami tactic since on one end William right now
does the things that are relatively straightforward since native
Windows support already exists or is doable with little effort while I
am deep inside the innards of the more intense pieces of code. The
hope is soon that we can use the Cygwin port and the bits William does
to move over slice by slice of Sage to the native side, hence the
"salami tactic" :)

> Also,http://wiki.sagemath.org/windows/timeline

Yeah, that can use some updates indeed.

> probably should be updated e.g. with a cut-and-paste of some part of
> the OP's first message in this thread. It sounds like a monumental
> amount of work - good luck!

Well, in the end Sage will be running on every major desktop and most
server OSes, so world domination here we come :)

> - kcrisman

Cheers,

Michael