> Is there a reason that you don't convert to C graphs by default anymore?
>   I can see this preventing at least some people from getting fast
> answers and having a bad opinion of Sage :(.

If there were evidence that things were *always* faster when
converting to C graphs automatically, I would definitely want to
implement that. What I was afraid of were the cases that would
terminate quickly in the isomorph stage, and hence copying the graph
over would be a waste of time. Granted, isomorph testing itself can
probably be expected to dominate, so I wouldn't be surprised if
converting first was just about always faster.

Thoughts?