On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2:57 pm, François Bissey <fbis...@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, mabshoff wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
>> Hi Michael,
>
> Hi Francois
>
>> I haven't time to look into that before the release date of sage-3.4,
>> but at least with 3.4 he may have binaries.
>
> Ok, AFAIL we (== William & me) do not plan to build Gentoo binaries
> since William never got Gentoo to install cleanly when he tried a
> months or so ago and hence there is no VMWare image based Gentoo test
> box in the Sage build farm.

I spent two days installing dozens of Linuxes, Solarises, FreeBSD's,
etc. into vmware images for Sage.     Literally every single install
was pretty much trivial except Gentoo... which I spent some hours on
it before giving up in frustration.

If somebody were to provide me with a modern pre-made Gentoo vmware
image with development tools, then I would add that to the build farm
and we could add support for Gentoo to Sage.

 -- William