On Feb 27, 4:24 am, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:

Hi Mark,

> The basic help mechanism doesn't seem to work in the the sage 3.3
> notebook.  For example, if I type 'plot?' in the Sage 3.2.3 notebook,
> I get the description of the plot function.  I can also type 'plot?'
> into
> the command line version of 3.3 and it works fine.  I get the error
> below in the Sage 3.3 notebook.
>
> I'm running Sage 3.3 (upgraded from 3.3.rc2) in Sage.app on my
> MacBook Pro running OSX 10.4.11.
>
> Mark McClure

I just checked and get the following on OSX:

 * the 3.3 notebook 3.3 started from the commend line - plot? works as
expected
 * the 3.4.alpha0 notebook started from the commend line - plot? works
as expected

 * the 3.3.rc1 notebook started via the app bundle - plot? does not
work and hang, i.e. evaluation hangs. This build does not have the fix
from #5254 applied.

Please keep an eye on this for 3.4 since there are various bugs left
in the app bundle to fix that could have an impact here. For 3.3.rc1
for example when quitting the worksheet OSX complained about a dying
Maxima process.

The problem in your case might be that you upgraded the app in place,
but I don't have a build I can try this out on at the moment.

Overall I am tending to disable App bundles for 3.4 per default due to
time constraints and get it back to default for 3.4.x once the kinks
have been worked out. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Michael